Night Porter- Student Accommodation
City: Central Bristol
Hours and Rota: 39.4 hours per week. This is a night shift role with a shift pattern of 4 nights on and 4 nights off. The shifts will fall between 8pm - 8am.
Salary: £10 per hour + bonus + benefits
Essential:Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
The role of a Night Porter is varied and no two nights will be the same. You`ll be the person that students come to with queries and questions; you`ll respond to emergencies and escalate them appropriately; you`ll handle complaints and disputes and keep people safe. You`ll be just as likely to be chatting through a student`s worries over a cup of tea or game of pool, as you will be patrolling your sites and making sure they are all secure.
What you`ll be doing
- Patrolling multiple buildings to keep our student properties safe and secure
- Providing a warm and friendly service to our students, with a decisive and effective approach to handling any questions they may have
- Acting as the first response to incidents and emergencies, and maintaining the city incident report
Who we`re looking for
- You`ll be dealing with young people living away from home for the first time, so you will be friendly, approachable, patient, calm in a crisis and a good listener
- We are less concerned about the experience you have and more concerned that you share our values andcanrelate and connect withthe students that live with us
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- An annual bonusso you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include,ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students callinguShome! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find more about life at Unite Students
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.