Maintenance and Planned Maintenance Operative
Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Sheffield city centre
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Working days will beTuesday to Saturday. You will also be on call 1 in every 10weeks.
Salary: Up to £24,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: A driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing as a Maintenance Operative
- Completing planned inspections and rectifying any remedial works
- Carrying out emergency light testing and logging remedail tasks.
- Water flushing activites, logging tempratures and liaising wth City Plumbing team.
- Logging any maintenance issues and follow up accordingly
- Resolving a variety of general maintenance issues.
- Responding to any Health and Safety related calls
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You`ll have experience working within general maintenance
- Youll have great IT skills and experiance with Excel.
- You`ll have experience within a customer facing role
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week - Working Tuesday to Saturday.
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.