Electrician - Student Accommodation
Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Newcastle city centre.
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Some weekend work will be required. You will also be on call 1 in every 8 weeks.
Salary: Up to £29,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing as an Electrician
- You`ll be the technical specialist for electrical works within the city
- Working in both domestic and commercial electrical installations
- Locating and rectifying a wide range of electrical faults
- Completing planned inspections, rectifying any remedial works
- Providing reactive maintenance support
- Undertaking general repair and maintenance works
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so as the Electrician, you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You will have previous experience working as an Electrician within a customer facing environment
- Someone withgood knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
- NVQ Level 3 (England) or SVQ Level 3 (Scotland)
- City and Guilds 2360 Part 1 and 2 / City & Guilds 2330
- NICEIC 17th Edition including amendment 3 refresher training
- Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll get in return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
Room for Everyone
We`re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we`re passionate about building inclusive teams. We focus on creating a collaborative culture where you can be yourself, where your voice is heard and where you can truly belong. It is important to us that our people reflect the diversity of our students and the communities we work in. We celebrate being different and work together to be the best we can be.
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch with an update on your application soon. Thank you.