Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Newcastle City Centre
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday but flexibility required
Salary: Up to £36,500 depending on experience + bonus + benefits
Essential: A driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing as an Estates Supervisor
- Inspiring the Maintenance team to deliver an excellent standard of work across a number of properties
- Responding and attending to maintenance and Health and Safety related calls
- Rectifying a wide range of faults and defects, both domestic and commercial
- Managing budgets and organising the team`s working activities
- Reporting and monitoring maintenance activity
What we`re looking for in you
- Experience of supervising reactive and planned maintenance
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experienced in managing 3rdparty contractors
What you`ll get in return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
For jobs based in our student accommodation, start dates will be arranged as soon as possible with precautions in place to keep you safe at work. For Head Office roles, start dates will be arranged once the restrictions have been lifted.
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps and answer any questions you may have. Thank you.