Service and SafetyAdvisor - Student Accommodation
Hours and Rota: 18.75 hours per week. This is a days, nights andweekends role, working 2 to 3 shifts per week. The shifts will be 6am-4pm, 10am-8pm and8pm-6am on a rota basis.
Salary: £9.56 per hour + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
The role of a Service and Safety Advisor is varied and no days/nights will be the same. You`ll be the person that students come to with queries and questions; you`ll respond to emergencies and escalate them appropriately; you`ll handle complaints and disputes and keep people safe. You`ll be just as likely to be chatting through a student`s worries over a cup of tea as you will be patrolling your sites and making sure they are all secure.
What you`ll be doing
- Patrolling multiple buildings to keep our student properties safe and secure
- Providing a warm and friendly service to our students, with a decisive and effective approach to handling any questions they may have
- Acting as the first response to incidents and emergencies, and maintaining the city incident report
Who we`re lookingfor
- You`ll be dealing with young people living away from home for the first time, so you will be friendly, approachable, patient, calm in a crisis and a good listener
- We are less concerned about the experience you have and more concerned that you share our values and can relate to and connect with the students that live with us
What you`ll get in return
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pension scheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include,ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discounts and more!
About Unite Students
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students callinguShome! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find more about life at Unite Students
If this position sounds exciting to you, we would love to receive your application!
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.