Estates Assistant - Student Accommodation
City: Central Leicester
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. This will be Monday - Friday, working between the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll be doing
- Providing general assistance throughout our student properties, such as taking deliveries, moving furniture and maintaining the grounds.
- Completing monthly checks,updating spreadsheets via a PC and printing certification,
- Solving all sorts of basic maintenance issues with a can-do attitude - this could involve fixing doors, painting walls, cleaning the courtyard and changing light bulbs.
- Assisting the maintenance team in keeping our properties inexcellent condition.
What we`re looking for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- Ideally you will have experience with basic maintenance
- You`ll have experience with using a PC
- You`ll have a flexible attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us.
What you`ll get in return
- An annual bonus so you can share in the company`s success
- 25 days` paid holiday
- Pensionscheme - based on how much you save, we`ll contribute 1% more
- Flexible working opportunities
- Shared Parental Leave - 18 weeks full pay
- We`ve earned a Gold award for Investors in People so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Other benefits include, ShareSave, Bike to Work, Charity Match, amazing discountsand more!
What Unite Students is all about!
Founded in 1991, we are a FTSE 250 business and the UK`s leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation. You can find us in 27 leading university towns and cities, with close to 75,000 students calling uS home! We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to our customers; no-one knows students better. Our purpose is to provide a Home for Success for the students that live with us, and a workplace to thrive and grow for the people who work with uS. Click to find out more about life at Unite.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Please be assured, we are continuing to recruit for the vacancies advertised on our Jobs page and will be taking every precaution necessary, in line with Government and WHO guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our candidates, employees and customers during the recruitment process.
While Government restrictions are in effect, all recruitment will take place without any physical contact; we will be using video interviews and telephone interviews to help you to bring your application to life from home!
For jobs based in our student accommodation, start dates will be arranged as soon as possible with precautions in place to keep you safe at work. For Head Office roles, start dates will be arranged once the restrictions have been lifted.
If you have applied for a job with uS, we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps and answer any questions you may have. Thank you.