Location: Central Bristol, close to Bristol Temple Meads
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
What the job involves:
Reporting to the Development Manager, you will be working in an agile team, contributing to the build and support of quality software solutions on our web and mobile platforms. You will join an enthusiastic, talented and customer-focused team working to deliver "best of breed" applications in a fast-paced environment of continuous improvement.
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Delivering application features and changes to meet agreed requirements
- Supporting the test, production, release and customer support teams during the development lifecycle
- Creating unit, functional, and automated tests
- Ensuring code is committed to source control, reviewed and handed over test using agreed processes and tools
- Communicating with stakeholders - within and outside IT - about progress, risks and issues
- Building relationships with relevant business users and the development and support teams
- Actively participating in the Agile Development team while keeping up to date with development best practice
What we look for in you:
- A Proactive self-starter with experience in design and delivery of software in a commercial environment
- A demonstrable level of knowledge and proficiency in OOP, relational databases and standard web/mobile application development
- Knowledge of source control, continuous integration, code coverage, static analysis, load testing and functional testing tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills and a professional, service-oriented manner
- A passion for learning and self-development
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to learn are key to this role!
What Unite Students is all about
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 24 different university towns and cities, with over 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without it`s perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, gender identities and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.