Location: Central Bristol
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Salary: Up to £50,000 + bonus + benefits
What the job involves:
The QA Manager has responsibility for leading quality assurance for an in-house industry leading booking system and customer facing website and mobile application. Reporting to the Head of Digital and working closely with the Digital team, Product Owners, key stakeholders and technical teams you will be responsible for implementing the company test strategy and approach across all development projects, working predominantly in agile.
The team you will be joining is focused on delivering innovation and true value for its customers through utilisation of new technologies and an automated testing approach. This position is an opportunity to further establish a quality assurance environment within a team who is passionate about delivering systems of the highest possible quality. Leading a team of talented QA Analysts, you will provide strategy and support to aid the company with future growth.
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- Managing an in-house QA team with a wide range of manual and automated testing skillsets
- Working closely with the Digital management team to drive continuous improvement in the agile development approach
- Overseeing and driving improvements in testing processes carried out by offshore development teams
- Fully integrating test automation across all software platforms using Selenium
- Delivery of digital platforms; utilising a TDD approach linked with a fully automated CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Delivering performance, security and accessibility testing on all projects through use of industry standard automation tools
What we look for in you:
- A flexible problem solver who is able to manage the testing workload across multiple projects running in parallel
- The ability to build strong relationships with key business and project stakeholders
- Experience of working in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, agile DSDM)
- Experience of leading and developing a team of QA professionals
- An understanding of digital technologies and software development
- Demonstrable passion for high quality customer experience
What Unite Students is all about
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 24 different university towns and cities, with over 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without it`s perks, so here`s a list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for Investors in People - Gold, so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.