Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Manchester city centre.
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 5pm. Some weekend work will be required. You will also be on call 1 in every 6 weeks.
Salary: Up to £28,000 + bonus + benefits
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You will have previous experience working as an Electrician within a customer facing environment
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
- NVQ Level 3 (England) or SVQ Level 3 (Scotland)
- City and Guilds 2360 Part 1 and 2 / City & Guilds 2330
- NICEIC 17th Edition including amendment 3 refresher training
- Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll get up to as an Electrician
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- The technical specialist for electrical works within the city
- Working in both domestic and commercial electrical installations
- Locating and rectifying a wide range of electrical faults
- Completing planned inspections, rectifying any remedial works
- Providing reactive maintenance support
- Undertaking general repair and maintenance works
- In a lively environment and you`ll take multitasking in your stride
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal record check prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.