Fire Alarm Engineer
City: Sheffield and Leeds
Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Sheffield and Leeds city centres.
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Some weekend work will be required. You will also form part of the on call rota.
Salary: Up to £30,000 + bonus + benefits
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You will have previous experience working as an Electrician within a customer facing environment
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
- FIA 1,5&4 or equivalent Foundation Courses
- Good understanding of BS 5839-1 2017
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- PAT qualified
- IPAF/ PASMA
- AP - LV qualified
- Authorised Person training
- 17th Edition qualified to amendment 3
- NVQ Level 3 qualified and City and Guilds 2360 Part 1 and 2/City & Guilds 2330 or SVQ Level 3
- City and Guilds 2391 test and inspection qualification
What you`ll get up to as a Fire Alarm Engineer
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Acting as a technical specialist for fire alarm & AOV
- Undertaking fire alarm and AOV maintenance, fault finding and repairs
- Working as part of a team to complete planned works to include EICR testing, lightning protection, E/M light servicing, and heat recovery units & complete all certification & remedial works identified
- Working on electronic locking systems, and intercoms associated with gates and barriers, Suited systems both mechanical & electronic
- Completing planned inspections, rectifying any remedial works
- Providing reactive maintenance support
- Undertaking general repair and maintenance works
- In a lively environment and you`ll take multitasking in your stride
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students.Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.