Location: You will be working at multiple properties in Edinburgh city centre, all of which are easily accessible by public transport
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. Some weekend work will be required. You will also be on call 1 in every 5 weeks.
Salary: Up to £28,000 + bonus + benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You will have experience working as a plumber
- Have experience working within plant rooms with water and heating systems, including pumps, tanks and water heaters
- Have experience of domestic or commercial plumbing within a customer facing role
- Have developed an understanding of Health and Safety legislation and the L8 Code of Practice
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
- NVQ Level 2 (England) or SVQ Level 3 (Scotland)
- Hold a qualification in plumbing installation to a minimum of City and Guilds Part 2 &
- Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What you`ll get up to as a Maintenance Specialist - Plumber
To give you an idea of what to expect, you`ll be:
- The technical specialist for plumbing works within the city
- Installing and repairing plumbing and heating systems
- Locating and rectifying a wide range of plumbing faults
- Providing reactive maintenance support
- Completing any planned tests and inspections
- Ensuring that all works are conducted to the highest safety and quality standards and in line with regulations
- In a lively environment and you`ll take multitasking in your stride
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- No more long commutes to work - all our properties are based in the city centre
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- Development and training opportunities
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday each year plus bank holidays
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and friendly team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.