City: Bath (with travel to Brisol and Exeter within working hours as required)
Location: You will be based at multiple properties in Bath.
Hours and Rota: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, working 8.30am - 5.00pm. Some weekend work will be required during busy periods and on call one in every three weeks.
Salary:Up to £29,000 per annum + 10% bonus based on performance + benefits. On call flat rate of £85 (OTE of £32,000+)
What you`ll get up to as an Electrician
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- The technical specialist for electrical works within the city
- Working on both domestic and commercial electrical installations
- Locating and rectifying a wide range of electrical faults
- Completing planned inspections, rectifying any remedial works
- Providing reactive maintenance support
- Undertaking general repair and maintenance works
- In a lively environment and you`ll take multitasking in your stride
- AP - LV qualified
- NVQ 3 Inspection and Testing of Lightning Protection Systems
- FIA Units 1-6
- Good Knowledge of BS 5266:2016
- PAT qualified
- IPAF/ PASMA
- Fire alarm experience and good knowledge of BS 5839:2017
- Experience of reactive and planned maintenance
What we look for in you
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you`ll be passionate about delivering top customer service
- You will have previous experience working as an Electrician within a customer facing environment
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Most of all, you`ll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Great Pay! We are Living Wage Employer and proud of it
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Unless stated above, you won`t be working every weekend!
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
As part of our commitment to safeguarding our students, all new employees in this position will be required undertake a basic criminal recordcheck prior to commencing employment. The cost of this check will be incurred by Unite Students. Any offer of employment will be subject to asatisfactory criminal record check result.
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.